I was tagged by Brandy, so here goes:
1. Do you like Hot Chocolate or Egg Nog?
Hot Chocolate all the way. Egg nog is vile. Sorry those who love it. You can have mine.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just put them under the tree?
Growing up they were unwrapped on the hearth. (Family presents were wrapped under the tree.) He did something similar last year for Zoe (without the hearth) so I assume this year will be the same, with stockings to differentiate between the Zoe pile and the Audrey pile.
3. Colored or white lights on tree/house?
Colored lights on the tree, white lights on the house.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No. Isn’t it poisonous or something?
5. When do you put up your decorations?
Anytime after Thanksgiving is fair game. This year it was the beginning of December.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
My aunt’s rolls. So yummy, And so far away now.
7. What is your favorite holiday memory from your childhood?
Oh, there’s so many. My Daddy loves Christmas, and it was always a really special time in our house. I guess I most remember sitting with Liz and Paul behind the little gate my parents put up at the front of the hall so we wouldn’t go out and see our presents without them- just chomping at the bit to get out there and see what Santa brought. I can feel the magic and anticipation now, just thinking about it.
8. Do you open a gift on Christmas eve?
When I was little we opened the present we got from my mom’s long time visiting teaching companion- because she’d come over and give them to us and so we opened them in front of her. But that was a special dispensation, because my dad doesn’t believe in opening presents early. Nowadays at least one present gets opened Christmas eve, and maybe earlier! But don’t tell my daddy!
9. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
Ornaments, lights, the whole dealie.
10. Snow! Love it or dread it?
Love to visit, would hate to live there.
11. Do you remember your favorite gift?
I think my Kindle has been the favorite so far.
12. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you?
The spirit of it all.
13. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Fudge. Lots of fudge.
14. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Going in to San Francisco on Christmas Eve to eat rice.
15. What tops your tree?
This year- a bird.
16. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving?
I’m all about both. It’s only been in recent years that I’ve come to terms with the fact that I can give a person just one present.
17. What is your favorite Christmas song?
Oh Holy Night
18. Candy canes?
19. Do you feel Christmas is too commercialized?
20. Favorite Christmas movie?
Any iteration of Scrooge- with A Muppet Christmas Carol at the top (“this is my island in the sun, hoi hoi!”) and the black and white version at the bottom, simply because my brother started coughing up blood one year as we were watching it- and that tends to taint a film. (He was fine, he just had a really bad cold and his throat was all raw and bloody. Icky.)
21. Can you ice skate? I can.
I tag whoever wants to do it- I’d love to read anyone’s answers.