I have a bunch of things I should be doing, but instead I think I’ll post a list of my favorite Christmas songs instead. Because, well, why not? I LOVE Christmas songs, a trait I inherited from my Daddy. He would listen to them all year long if my mom hadn’t made a rule that he has to wait until the 4th of July to start. 🙂 So here we go, my top Christmas songs.
1. Oh Holy Night by Josh Groban. Oh Holy Night is my favorite Christmas song, hands down, and this version is breathtaking because the song covers quite a range, and little Joshie doesn’t even have to strain for a second.
2. Happy Xmas (War is Over) by John Lennon. I’ve been really loving this song this year. It’s kind of funny, because I think Lennon would disagree with the reason I love it so much. I know he wasn’t big on religion (I don’t actually know if he believed in God or Christ) and he was focusing on individuals taking responsibility for ending war, but the connection between the coming of Christ and the end of war is just so beautiful that it makes me cry.
3. Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) by U2. Oh my goodness how I love this song. It could have been written for Bono, it lets him do that thing with his voice that gives me shivers, I could listen to this song over and over.
4. White Christmas by Bing Crosby. Nothing says Christmas quite like this song.
5. Christmas by Blues Traveler. This song just makes me happy.
Apparently that’s all for now. What are your favorite Christmas songs?