1. When Liza Minelli shows up to present an award with her bra showing, it’s surprisingly difficult to determine whether or not it’s done purposefully.
2. Patti LuPone is really yelly.
3. The original cast of Rent singing on the Tony stage succeeded where their presence in the film version failed- totally had me crying two seconds in. That’s ok though, Brooke Shields was crying in the audience, so I wasn’t alone. Daphne Rubin-Vega definitely looks too old to have been in the film version. Idina Menzel is a goddess.
4. Apparently I need to get the soundtrack to In the Heights.
5. How in the world did I not know that Cry-baby was turned into a Broadway musical? How?