I found this on someone else’s blog, and knew Brandy would love it, so here goes:
1.If you dont frequent your local library, why not?
We go to our local library all the time.
2. If you do visit the library, how often do you go?
At least every two weeks-ish. If I’m on top of it, once a week.
3. Do you have a favorite section that you always head to first, or do you just randomly peruse the shelves?
We hit the New Arrival shelves first, so I can grab books that look interesting, and then hit the kids section.
4. How many books are you allowed to check out at one time? Do you take advantage of this?
I have no idea what the library limit is. My personal limit is 3-4 for me, and 3 for Z. More than that and we lose them.
5. How long are you allowed to have the books checked out?
3 weeks, I think.
6. How many times are you allowed to renew your check-outs, if at all?
You can renew them twice, so you can have them a total of 9 weeks.
7. What do you love best about your particular library?
I love that I can renew my books online. Saves my life. That and the self check out kiosks. So awesome.
8. What is one thing you wish your library did differently?
Nothing really, it’s a great library.
9. Do you request your books via an online catalogue, or through the librarian at your branch?
Online. I don’t do it terribly often though.
10. Have you ever chosen a book on impulse (from the online catalogue OR the shelves) and had it turn out to be totally amazing? If so, what book was it, and why did you love it?
Most of my library picks are on impulse. Only rarely do I go in planning to pick up a particular book. But, books that fall in the impulse category recently: Pandora in the Congo, The Manual of Detection, The Salvage Studio… Ok, I just checked, and out of the books that I checked out of the library this year and actually read (I don’t keep track of those I don’t read), only 2 were planned out ahead of time.
So if you’re so inclined, answer away! π Yay libraries!